Kepdowrie Chambers provides a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial legal services.
We can’t do everything, and we don’t want to (some stuff is just seriously boring). However, a “shopping list” to pick from would look like this:
Corporate / Commercial Transactions
- Capital raising / financing (debt and equity)
- IPO’s / ASX listings
- Funding / debt arrangements, charges, debentures, mortgages, loan arrangements
- Company formation, structuring & re-structuring
- Shareholder agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Buy-outs, buy-ins, share & trade sales
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Information Technology Projects (IT / ICT)
- Procurement of IT / ICT systems and services
- Cloud computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- CRM, ERP and EDA projects
- Outsourcing / offshoring projects
- Managed and Hosting services
- VAD and VAR agreements
- 4G product development and licensing
- Professional services and consultancy contracts
- Consortia and teaming arrangements
- R&D agreements
- PPP/PFI projects
- Basel III / Basel IV and IFRS compliance projects
- Technology transfer, licensing-in / licensing-out
- Contract management.
Intellectual Property (IP) services
- Establishing processes and procedures to best protect your company’s IP
- IP commercialisation and monetisation, licensing-in and licensing-out
- Trade mark and brand management – filing and prosecuting trade mark applications, managing renewals
- Franchising agreements, including Disclosure Documents
- Merchandising agreements
- Managing actual or threatened IP infringement by third parties (cease-and-desist)
- Establishing processes and procedures to minimise the risk of infringing third party IP
- IP audits and IP valuations.
e-commerce / m-commerce projects
- Development and commercialisation of internet, wireless and mobile apps
- ASP and ISP contracts
- B2B, B2C and P2P solutions
- e-banking applications and services
- Mobile applications and services
- Data protection / privacy compliance
- Anti-spam advice and enforcement.
International trade and commerce
- Cross-border transactions
- Doing business and setting up in Australia
- Inbound and outbound / importers and exporters
- Jurisdiction issues, choice of law options
Biotech / pharma / life sciences
- Clinical trials
- R&D agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- NDA’s and Confidentiality agreements
- Database licensing
- Monetisation: marketing and distribution arrangements
- Commercialisation: licensing-in and licensing-out.
Privacy / Data protection
- Compliance policies and procedures
Entertainment, Multimedia / Transmedia
- Rights management
- Product endorsement
- Image and character merchandising
- Performer, artist and event management
- Pooling arrangements.
- Compliance with the Corporations Act and best practice corporate governance
- Compliance with ASIC and ASX rules and other regulatory authorities
- Compliance with Directors’ duties, including best practice
- Liaising with accountants and auditors, including in relation to the preparation of audits, annual reports Managing your Statutory Books, such as the preparation of ASIC and ASX forms/notices/resolutions.
- Drafting and/or advising in relation to commercial contracts with suppliers and customers
- Assisting with the preparation/drafting of tender documents and responding to RFI’s (and compliance with procurement laws, probity and best practice – as applicable)
- Settling and updating standard form contracts, reviewing third party contracts
- Assisting with commercial and legal negotiations with customers and suppliers.
Employment, HR and IR
- Employee and contractor agreements, consultancy arrangements
- Employment manual, including establishing best practice (in relation to matters such as discrimination, risk management, internet usage policy, Spam Act compliance)
- Employee share scheme arrangements (ESS’s and ESOPs)
- Legal aspects of hiring and dismissal, managing disputes and complaints
- Compliance with FWA and State legislation, including in relation to leave, redundancy, superannuation Managing employee claims & disputes.
Trade Practices / Competition / Anti-trust
- Anti-trust and competition law audits
- Ensuring compliance with trade practices, fair trading, competition and anti-trust laws and regulations
- Engaging with regulatory bodies, including the ACCC.
- Conducting internal presentations to your Board and/or staff in relation to topical legal issues.
Dispute Management / Resolution / Litigation
- Mediation and conciliation services, settling disputes through commercial discussion
- Commercial litigation as a last resort, including (as required) instructing barristers.